We are proud of our uniform at De Lisle and we expect all our students to show their pride by wearing the uniform correctly at all times. All students need to be properly dressed in the correct college uniform. The Head Teacher's decision about what is acceptable in terms of dress or appearance is final.
There is an expectation that every student presents him/herself at the beginning and end of every registration and lesson correctly dressed, ready for learning.
If students are incorrectly dressed, parents must send a note to the tutor to explain why and when it will be resolved in order to avoid a sanction beng given to their child.
- Standard college skirt, to be worn at knee length.
- Smart, black tailored trousers.
- Plain white school shirt tucked into trousers or skirt.
- Plain white or black socks or plain, natural or black tights .
- Black blazer with College badge.
- College tie appropriate to key stage.
- (Optional) black V neck cardigan or sweater.
- Smart black school shoes.
- Plain black belt.
Sixth Form Students
All students in years 12 and 13 should wear clothing suitable for a working environment.
Students should not wear:
- Tops, which are low cut/revealing.
- Sports tops including rugby and football shirts, joggers, tracksuits.
- Clothes that are revealing, including midriffs.
- Girls skirts should be no shorter than mid-thigh length.
- Chains that trail from clothing.
- Trousers/jeans that are excessively baggy and trail along the floor.
- Any clothing that is ripped or dirty.
- Unsuitable footwear e.g. very high heels or strappy shoes without an ankle strap.
- Shorts of any description.
- Hats or caps inside the building.
- Any clothing carrying a slogan or logo, which would be considered offensive or distasteful in the context of a Catholic community.
The Head Teacher's decision about what is acceptable in terms of dress or appearance is final.
- Plain white college PE t-shirt.
- Black reversible rugby shirt.
- Black shorts.
- Black and white socks.
- Trainers or football/rugby boots.
- Swimming trunks.
- Plain white college PE t-shirt.
- Black games shorts (compulsory for Yr 7).
- White or black socks.
- Trainers or hockey/football boots.
- One piece swimming costume.
Both boys and girls may wear:
- Plain black college hooded top and black jogging bottoms in cold weather conditions.
- College tracksuit top with badge (optional).
- College tracksuit bottoms with badge (optional).
- De Lisle socks (optional).
- Polo shirt with badge (optional).
- A towel is required for all PE lessons.
- Students may choose to wear shin pads for hockey and football less.
- No facial piercings.
- Nail varnish if worn, must be discreet.
- Make-up if worn must be discreet.
- Jewellery if worn must be discreet.
- Facial hair should be neat and trimmed.
- Hair - no excessive styles or unnatural colours.
- No hoodies. Sweaters only worn in P.E.
Recommended Uniform Suppliers
In addition to shopping online you can purchase De Lisle uniform in person at the following locations;
Academy School Uniforms have stores in Bulwell (Just-Schoolwear, 289 Main Street Bulwell NG6 8ED) and Arnold (Just-School-Wear, 12 High Street, Arnold NG5 7DZ.
A click and collect service is available for online orders. Academy School Uniforms also run pop up shops at De Lisle College on the following dates for 2017
14 March 2017 4.30pm to 6pm
21 March 2017 4.30pm to 6pm
3 July 2017 4.30pm to 6pm
6 & 7 July 2017 3.30pm to 5.30pm
16 August 2017 10am to 2pm
23 August 2017 10am to 2pm
Rosebuddies Ltd have a stall on Loughborough Market, on a Thurs 7.00 - 13.30pm (3.30pm July and Aug) or Sat 7.00 - 3.30pm. Order online on the link above (we also offer delivery)
Schoolwear Solutions have a store in Leicester The Schoolwear Centre, 40 Humberstone Gate, Leicester LE1 3PJ)
De Lisle College Finance Office - Ties and blazer badges only